As I mentioned earlier, brushing or combing our beautiful hair is one of the easiest way to energetically cleanse it. Brushing alone is already very effective, and combined with essential oils, it makes it a super tool. A powerful beauty secret 😉
What is brushing with essential oils?
You take a comb or a brush made with natural material (avoid using plastic ones or metallic, never good), preferably wood. Take one or two essential oils, specifically targeting an issue you have with hair, put 1-2 drops and brush or comb your hair. As a result, your hair will be shinier, stronger and will grow faster. I’ve done it myself for some time now, and I can assure you – it works. Since the procedure takes 5-7 minutes, you get to experience two benefits at the same time: therapy of oils and scalp massage.
Since using essential oils is always very therapeutic and relaxing, it is best to do that right before going to bed. One of the oils that anyone can use is lavender, and the scent of it will surely put you to a sounds sleep very fast. However, you can always do that in the morning, using toning essential oils.
Let’s dive into the details.
Steps for brushing with essential oils
• Please make sure you use good quality comb or brush, made of natural materials. You also need to make sure you use good essential oils, meaning good quality and clean, without any additional ingredients and additives we don’t need.
• It is good to have a separate comb for this procedure only because it has to stay clean all the time. Oils from your hair and essential oils can build up and can cause the bacteria growth. So clean it good and often.
• Be aware that essential oils are a high concentrated oils and should always be used with caution. Make double sure you don’t have any reaction on any oils you are going to use. And due to the same concentration level, you literally need no more than 5 drops in total. Better 1-2 of each.
• While brushing or combing, take it as a separate ritual. It is not just a regular combing, it is a sacred ritual you do, cleansing your hair from all the physical and energetic dust. Do it very mindfully, maybe visualizing how healthy your hair will look like soon. How much you love it. How it is important to you. It should be at least for 3-5 minutes but no longer than 10. Otherwise you will get the opposite effect and hair will become too dry and fragile.
• It is better for some of us to brush only hair, not the scalp. Depending on its condition, you may want to avoid adding more oils to oily scalp. If you hair looks too oily or dirty after you’re done, you most likely used either a cheap oil or oil with additional chemical ingredients.
• You can either do this 1-2 times a week, or you can do it daily for a week or two as a course, depending on your hair condition and what they need. You can also go by the amount of energy you have, how healthy you are and what mood you are in. Totally creative and up to you.
• Please be very mindful of how you feel while doing it. Pay very close attention if you have any changes in your overall health, if you have headaches or sudden weakness. It may be a sign that essential oil you are using might not be suitable for you. You can also always find an aromatherapist who could help you with that.
+ It is good to leave a window open before and after brushing.
+ Make sure your hair is clean when you do that, preferably dry right after washing. It is not good to that on dirty hair or when you already have some product, or a perfume. By the way, spraying your other brush with your favorite perfume is another way to make you sexier and more attractive. And just good smelling 😉
Oils for brushing
Here are some of the oils you may use depending on your needs:
Toning essential oils
Relaxing essential oils
+ citrus oils
Aphrodisiacs (enhance sexuality)
Happy brushing! 🙂